Monday, August 22, 2016

visitors

 The only dill I had at home was self-seeded and had bolted before I could harvest and dry enough to last through the winter. I do love dill weed! So I planted some at an tigin. After having been gone for a couple of weeks (visiting family), I came back to 6 swallowtail caterpillars thoroughly enjoying themselves and my dill. I had enough dill that I certainly didn't mind sharing and was glad that there were only 6 and not more.
 Eastern black swallowtail      Swallowtail know hows

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful markings on the caterpillar! I have been to Maine, but it was about 50 years ago when I was 9 or 10 years old. Old Orchard Beach, to be exact. Still, I have fond memories of it, it is a beautiful place! Warm greetings from Montreal, Canada. :)

    ReplyDelete