Sunday, January 5, 2014

Let it snow, Let it snow

Martin and I spent another day dealing with snow at an tigin.  Not only do we have to shovel out the driveway, shovel around the house, shovel off the floor of the north side of the house; we then  need to roof rake the snow off the roof and then shovel the subsequent piles from around the house.

Today was the first day that it was warm enough to do any work at an tigin for several days.  If we've been lucky, we've had a high of 0 degrees Fahrenheit.  The lows have been in the negatives.  Yesterday the high was a whopping 10 degrees F. Today it got up into the low 20s. Toasty.

As you can see, the snow banks are taller than I am and it is only the beginning of January. In Maine the snowy months are often January and February or February and March.






After I shoveled the path (to the right of the picture), I shoveled off the floor.  Then I had the pleasure of finishing the roof raking.  I try very hard to not move snow more than once, but it is challenging to shovel the snow off of the floor and get it all into the snowbank on the far side of the path. The snow on the roof, I get to move three times. Once off of the roof, twice off of the floor, and the third time out of the path and into the snowbank.


No comments:

Post a Comment