Saturday, June 4, 2016

more gardening and landscaping

 I dragged Martin to greenhouse/nursery/garden shop because I wanted to start an herb garden at an tigin. We ended up getting some bushes (a spirea, a cypress, heather, etc.)
Some we planted in the hedgerow between our house and the neighbor to the east.

 The herbs (below) I put next to the front perennial bed.

 The heather I planted in the hedgerow between our house and the neighbor to the west. I needed to put heather near holly since I have two nieces, Heather and Holly. Here's to you!




 In the west hedgerow I added 5 elderberry and 5 hawthorn (above) and one of the rhododendrons that was given to me wasn't happy in that hedgerow. I replaced it with a larger one from the nursery and moved the original to the east hedgerow.
I also planted some green bush beans in this hedgerow in hopes of getting something edible. 
Except for weeding and prepping the beds for asparagus and rhubarb, my major gardening is done for this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment