Friday, May 17, 2013

Spring Colds

Sorry for the lack of posts lately.  Martin and I both have been under the weather with head colds.  It is probably my fault and I blame my job.

I love my job.  I teach Deaf and hard of hearing students Kindergarten through twelfth grade.  No two days are alike!  I'm in three different schools every day and regularly visit two more schools.  One of the best parts of my job is working with Kindergarteners. They are such a breath of fresh air.  They are so excited to be in school and love trying new things.  They also are very loving and a day doesn't go by when I don't get bombarded with hugs.  The problem with Kindergarteners is that their immune systems are building up a tolerance to all of the germs they are exposed to in Kindergarten, so they tend to get sick more often than older students.  The other problem is that they are less aware of how to prevent the spread of germs and illness. They don't cover up when they sneeze.  They are not fastidious hand washers and tissue users.  The combination of lack of germ control and lots of hugs has lead to me being sicker than usual this year.  Martin has faired better until this round. Unfortunately, I think I shared this time.

So while I am still dragging myself to work because it is impossible to get a substitute to do my job, Martin has been at home resting, trying to recover, and chafing at the bit to get to an tigin. The next project that he gets to do is tear off the kitchen addition.  He also has plans for the rotten side of the barn. It needs to be dealt with so we have room for the backhoe to get in and dig out the basement.  He was hoping to get that done by the beginning of June.

The nice thing about the work at an tigin is that it will be there when we have a chance to get to it.  The house and the work aren't going anywhere. We don't live there, so we aren't under pressure to get it livable again.

No comments:

Post a Comment