Friday, May 10, 2013

The Junker

As I was up to my neck in the hole that leads to China when a man in a truck stopped by.  He hopped out of the truck and asked if I had any old tires I wanted to get rid of.  I pointed to the tire pyramid and told him to help himself.  On the way to the pyramid, he asked about the pile of scrap metal. I informed him that we would be taking care of it ourselves.  Then he spotted the pallet that I had been using to cover the hole to China. "Can I have the pallet? I'm a junker."  I politely told him that he was welcome to any tires, but nothing else was up for grabs.

He grabbed all of the tires that he could fit into his pick up truck.  He had to fit them around the very rusty 55 gallon drum that was already in the bed of the truck.  He must have come back for another load or two, because this is all that is left of our tire pyramid.


No comments:

Post a Comment