Sunday, June 9, 2013

last addition to the barn roof



Martin added some Tri-flex along the peak of the barn along with some battens that are parallel to the ridge to allow him safer access to working on the roof if needed.  I got volunteered to help. So while I climbed to the top of the ladder, Martin tied rope with a weight at the end around the end of the Tri-flex and tossed the weighted rope across the roof.  Once I shakily got to the top of the ladder, I pulled the Tri-flex across the peak (against the fairly strong breeze - felt like I was attached to a very large kite).  Once I had stapled my end, I needed to get the stapler to Martin on the top of the other ladder at the other gable end.  The barn should be snug until we tear it down and rebuild it.  The temporary measures  give Martin a dry safe place to store tools and materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment