Wednesday, June 5, 2013

more on the mystery plant

My favorite niece-in-law, Lisa, decided to chew my ears off about the pictures that I took of the flowering bush that I thought might be an azalea. Now that I am left with bloody holes on both sides of my head and am too embarrassed to be seen in public (if I don't die from blood loss), I thought I would post a few more pictures in hopes that Lisa or any other plant enthusiast might be able to identify the mystery bush.


I've reposted the best picture of the blossom that I have. I did take more pictures after Lisa let me know that I utterly fail at taking pictures of unidentified plants, but the blossoms were on their way out and I was unable to get a useable picture.  I tried!  I climbed into the bushes, but just couldn't get the angle and focus right for a useable picture.


2 comments:

  1. Told mom of your dilemma she said it is probably an azalea since the blossoms are dark pink - red. that rhododendron have purple flowers. but when I looked the spelling of rhododendron up the dictionary said they could have pink or white blossoms but the rhododendron leaves are leathery these leaves don't look leathery. They ate both in the heath family. Most rhododendron are ever greens but azaleas are not .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bush is actually on the neighbor's property. I don't bump into her very often, but the next time I do, I'll ask her if she knows what it is. There is also a small pine tree crowding it, so I'll check with her to see if we can cut the pine down.

      Delete