Saturday, October 4, 2014

finding a match to the hinges we had

While in the process of renovating the barn, Martin took the doors off.  They had been held on by 4 hinges and there was a fifth matching hinge floating around.  At some point, once the barn has renovated walls, sheathing put back on, and a new metal roof, Martin will build new doors for the barn. Because of the weight of the doors he wanted each door to be held on by 3 hinges.  That meant we were short one hinge.
Cornish has lots of antique shops. We were convinced that a trip through the shops would turn up a matching hinge or even pair of hinges.
No luck.
I tried to stop by a salvage yard on a day that it was scheduled to be open - it was closed.
No luck.
Then while carpooling to work with a friend, I mentioned the struggles of trying to find a hinge.
Her quick reply was, "I assume you've looked on-line."
Well, umm, actually neither Martin nor I had even considered it.
As soon as I got home that night, I got on-line and within a few minutes had ordered 3 matching hinges, which have already arrived.
So, hats off to my co-worker for solving our hinge dilemma!

No comments:

Post a Comment