Tuesday, July 15, 2014

interior walls on the second floor

Martin and I spent a sweltering day framing the interior walls on the second floor. Well..., when I say Martin and I, I really mean Martin. He did all of the real carpentry work. I had the pleasure of being a gopher; turning the generator on and off, fetching the framing square, the drill, more nails or screws, sweeping the floor before the walls were set, etc. etc. I did get to use mark the top and bottom wall plates and use the nail gun.
 The walls above delineate the front bedroom. Below is the bathroom. It will have a shower, sink, toilet, and in the back where the roof slopes down steeply we will put in the washer and dryer.
 The room below is the "back" or second bedroom on the second floor.
 The closet for the back bedroom will be under the eaves where the roof slopes down. Access to storage will be through the closet in this bedroom.


No comments:

Post a Comment