Wednesday, July 16, 2014

keeping me busy and out of the way

We have three piles of sand and top soil. They have begun to grow weeds and Martin doesn't like that. He obviously can't mow them.  To keep me busy when I can't help with construction, he volunteered me to pull the weeds.  I wouldn't mind the work so much, if the weather wasn't so hot and humid.
 The day that I cleared the piles, we stopped by our car mechanics to pick up my daughter's car. I walked into the shop and the first comment was "Has he been making you crawl under the house?"  I was filthy head to toe!
 The other job to fill in down time is to start digging out the last stump.  I've started to remove the sod from around it. Then I get dig and expose the roots so Martin can hack them off with an ax.  Last, our neighbor with the backhoe has offered to come back to finish the job of pulling it out.  Lots of people have suggested we just burn it out.  The problem with that idea is that we are there only during the day and don't have running water to douse it before we leave. 

No comments:

Post a Comment