Saturday, April 27, 2013

The dangers of renovation


Last week Martin ended up getting to an tigin late.  When he went out to his truck to load up and head out, he discovered that he had a flat.  A quick trip to our local and favorite mechanic, Doug DeGroat of DeGroat's Garage, quickly took care of the flat. Of course the flat had been caused by a nail in the tire.  Martin must have picked it up in the driveway of an tigin.  As soon as he arrived at an tigin, he of course got out the super strong magnet and "swept" the driveway for more nails.
Yesterday, however, I loaded up my car bright and early (5:30 a.m.) to head out on my one hour commute to work. I started up the car and headed out of the driveway, only to discover that my low tire pressure light was on.  Suspecting I might be the next victim of a rogue nail, I turned around and swapped out cars. (Thankfully my children are not at home at the moment and there was a spare car sitting in the driveway.)  When I got back home from work, I headed straight to DeGroat's which was a beehive of business. True to his magnanimous self, Doug made time to take care of my tire and presented me with the nail you see above.



No comments:

Post a Comment