Sunday, April 28, 2013

Too much to do and not enough time

Spring time is normally a challenging time for me. Work tends to get busier, although this year it would be impossible to be busier at work, since I normally am there for 10 hours a day and still bring work home.  Then at home there is the yard work. I have three flower beds that need to be raked and taken care of, plus the herb garden.  This spring my mom gave me some rhubarb roots because the ones I transplanted from her and my brother two years ago did not survive.  My sister gave me some daylilies. Both needed to be planted right away.  I have seedlings started and normally would have my 20' x 40' vegetable garden manured, forked and planted with the cold hardy crops already.  Not this year!  I just managed to rake all of the flower beds and the front lawn.  Of couse, the lawn needs mowing already too. Mowing wouldn't be such a concern, but I have an old fashioned reel lawn mower (http://www.mowersdirect.com/stories/55-How-to-Pick-the-Perfect-Reel-Lawn-Mower.html). The biggest problem with reel lawn mowers is that the cut grass when it is within a certain range; shorter and it doesn't need it, longer and the blades push it down instead of pulling it in to cut it.  The end result is that I can't ignore my lawn. When it needs mowing, I mow.  I still have the side and back lawn to rake and mow.  Then forking over the vegetable garden is next on my list. I still need to start my warm weather crop seedlings (tomatoes, chili peppers, sweet peppers).  Don't forget the usual: sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning the bathroom, dishes, laundry.  Hovering over the list of to-do things at home is always an tigin.  Finding a balance and feeling comfortable about it is proving to be a bit difficult at the moment.  Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my god, I read the headline wrong and got my best laugh of the week. Perhaps my misreading could be the new motto you need to find balance:

    Too much time and not enough to do.
    ;)
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! What a wonderful thought. Glad you got a laugh. The idea of too much time and not enough to do certainly put a smile on my face.

      Delete