Thursday, October 17, 2013

mason tender


I got to be a mason tender for a day.  Thank goodness I was tendering for Martin and not for the professional mason who has spent a couple of days working with Martin.  I got to haul water.  I was allowed to screen sand for the mortar. I hauled blocks from where they were stacked and restacked them so they were handy for laying.  I passed blocks to Martin as he needed them.

I filled the little holes where the ends of the blocks met in the wall.
I mixed the sand with the mortar mix in the wheelbarrow.  Martin got to mix it once water was added, because I just don't have the upper body strength.  Once the mortar was mixed, I was allowed to keep Martin's mortar tub filled.
I have to admit, I prefer teaching to being a mason tender.




No comments:

Post a Comment